Drew has really made progress lately with his motor skills. He likes being in his saucer now, and jumps and spins to get other toys. It's really nice to have a way he can entertain himself. He also is able to lay on the floor without puking now, and has been playing and rolling side to side. He rolled over onto his belly at Grandpa Steve's yesterday. Ryan and I missed it, but we're glad that he's gaining new skills.
He had dilation again last Thursday. He seems more miserable every time we go. He was fussy for three days afterward this time. I asked Dr. Barnhart if we could maybe go longer in between, but he said it probably has more to do with the amount they dilate. So it should get easier from here, because we're at the full diameter. We just need it to not shrink now. So we're scheduled for Sept 4. Drew is now 16.5 lbs!!

We went through hand-me-downs last week to get out fall clothes for Tyler and the next size of clothes for Drew. Tyler found his boots from last year, which he loves. I bought them a little big, so they still fit, and he's been wearing them a lot since. He's such a funny kid. He also found a shirt with a fire truck that he loves, and a few with tractors (which is the word for tractors and all construction machines). So now we have somethings to alternate with his dinosaur jammie's.

The archery deer hunt started last week, so Ryan's been getting his fill of time out in nature. Tyler asks where he is all the time. He likes it when dad takes him for rides on the 'wheeler'.

The boys are starting to play together more and more. Drew smiles at Tyler quite a bit. Tyler really likes to get in Drew's face and talk baby-talk. He's also started taking Drew's toys, so now we're learning about sharing. They are both a little jealous of the other having time with mom. If Drew starts crying, or sometimes if I'm holding Drew, Tyler will come climb on me to get his attention. Drew has also started to object occasionally to my paying attention to Tyler while he has to sit and watch. Poor kids. Sibling rivalry already.
Overall things are going really well. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather of fall, and hopefully relaxing into life a little more.
3 comments:
Man, Drew is growing!
even since we had seen him last, what a cutie.
I hope you're doing well now that things are calming down.
I'm glad things are going so well. Cute pics! I am so amazed at how big Drew has gotten!
drew has more hair it looks like too! glad he is doing better all the time!! We will be coming down there for the 4th and 5th, I don't know if you guys will be home at all, but if you are, we need to stop by and say hi, if it's possible maybe we will stay a little longer!
Post a Comment