May 7, 2010

Redecorated!

I have been wanting to recover my couches and paint our front room for a long time. My mom had made slip covers a few years ago, and did an awesome job, but didn't like the fabric once we had it together and they faded pretty fast.


So with part of our tax return I bought myself new fabric. I used the old slip covers as patterns and put these together. I am pretty proud of my work! I learned a lot in the process and really like these. The fabric is like micro-suede.

I searched and searched for the fabric to do pillows. I found this and loved it, looked more, but came back to this one. So I taught myself how to make the covers for the throw pillows. Ryan helped me make cornice boxes to go about the windows, and then I recovered my cedar chest.
I got a really big mirror to put above my piano. I am planning on hanging family portraits above the love seat, but need to get some new pictures.
Our land lord paid for the paint. (My first time painting too.) So now we have a room that Ryan and I both really like.
Ryan and I saw this cute sand box a few months ago, and knew that we wanted it for the boys to play in this summer. We almost couldn't find it at the store, but they had just moved it and apparently the sales lady didn't know they had these. Today we drove out to the desert and got sand to put in it. The boys had a great time playing in it, until Ty got a little too excited and ended up throwing a shovel full of sand into Andrew's face and open mouth. Once Ty learns to not throw the sand, I'm sure they'll be spending a lot of the summer in the sand box.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The sand box is so cute! I am sure the boys will love it for along time.
i LOVE the couches and the paint and the cornices and the pillows.You did an awesome job. You are a busy Mom. Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa said...

looks really nice!!! You did a GREAT job!! and looks like the boys will have a blast in the sand box, just don't let 'em track it all in!! hahaha!!!

The Barnum Family said...

I love the front room! You guys did a great job. And the sandbox is so much fun.

Anonymous said...

That turned out really nice. I bet those couches are very comfy now with the microsuede. You did a great job, I am so impressed!!

Unknown said...

I always remebered being very impressed with how you mom always did her own reupholstering and I still am. Girl you got skill!!! It's looks so nice and cozy! Great job Missy! 80) Love it!