Jan 5, 2011

Hospital life

Well, Andrew is doing ok overall. His pain is pretty well managed, and he's in good spirits most of the time.
His esophagus has been slow healing though. His chest tube is still draining a significant amount, and so we knew there was a leak in his esophagus. We finally did an esophagram this morning that confirmed that as well.
The latest plan is to hang tight with pain meds and antibiotics and do another esophagram in a week. It will hopefully be healed by then, but if not we will wait another week and try again.

Ryan and Tyler are staying in Ferron with Ryan's parents now, so that Ryan can go to work.

So far I'm doing ok. The nurses often comment on my knowledge and use of all the hospital pumps, monitors, and procedures. I help myself when I can, instead of waiting for a staff member to do something I am capable of and won't be risky to Andrew.
It's hard to leave Andrew alone to do even little things like eat, but I'm getting better at it, and he's getting more tolerant of it. It's hard to be walking down the hall, hear him crying, and not turn back for him. I know he is in good hands here though.

I am confident that this is part of the Lord's plan and that this is what needs to happen for Andrew's esophagus to heal optimally.
Thank you again for your prayers, phone calls, visits, and support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a great big Montana Hug from Joe, Jen, Aspen, & Bryant Martin.

Unknown said...

Your awesome lady!!!