Feb 25, 2011

And It's a Boy!

That's right!  I couldn't stand the anticipation any longer and rescheduled my ultra-sound for this week.  I was soooo sure we were having a girl.  I was totally wrong.  I think Ryan is even a bit surprised.  We will soon have 3 busy little boys.  No barbies here.  We're all about dirt, trucks, and trains. 
The other good news is that he is developing completely normally.  His size is right on target measuring 19 weeks, which is exactly what I am today. 
He was very cute during the ultra-sound and kept putting his fingers in his mouth and wiggling around.  Either I just don't remember the other pregnancies that well, or this kid is very active.  I feel him moving almost anytime I'm holding still long enough to pay attention.  I know Andrew used to have a nice routine of sleeping in the afternoon, even in-utero.  This little guy is busy morning, noon, and night.  So far he's small enough I only notice when I'm holding still.  I'm aware that it will soon be that he will remind me of his presence more easily.  It's all good though.

We had a family outing today for Andrew's follow-up appointments and my ultra-sound.  Ryan was able to take the day off work, so I was really looking forward to the time together and going to see my family for the weekend.  Unfortunately, Ty started with the flu (coughing, sneezing, fever kind of flu) on Wednesday.  He's handled it pretty well.  He's laid around much more than usual for him, but he's been in descent spirits.  His fever had broke last night, but started up again this afternoon.  Then I started with congestion last night.  So far Andrew is just coughing some, but it's hard to tell if it's sickness starting or not because he's had a chronic cough since surgery. 
Anyway, although we were not at our best we did go out and brave the storm for our appointments.
Drew's esophagram went like usual, with him crying though it and saying, "I DONE!  I DONE!"  Things look pretty good, although there is a little narrowing.  We weren't surprised, because he's getting food stuck more frequently as the days go by.  It's still not nearly as bad as it used to be though. 
The surgeon said he'd like to wait a few more weeks for the esophagus to heal before we dilate, so the esophagus is less likely to tear.  So that's scheduled for Mar 11, along with having his central line removed.  We got to OK to switch his GJ back to a regular G tube anytime we want.  I was not sure if it was ok to do at home, but it is.  There's not a real plus to switching, as the GJ still is working fine, but the G tube is a little bit smaller and fits better.  We'll see if I get the drive to do that soon or not.
Because of the sickies, we decided not to visit my family this weekend and just came home.  Hopefully Ty and I will feel better tomorrow, and Andrew and Ryan can stay healthy.  We're excited for our new little boy on the way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray!!!! A boy! I love how you put it "no barbies here, We're all about dirt, trucks, and trains." So funny. Glad to hear everything is moving along swimmingly for you guys. Have fun!!!

The Barnum Family said...

Congratulations on another boy! You guys are so good with dirt, trucks, and trains! Glad to hear he's developing well and that Andrew's healing up and moving forward. Hope you feel better soon! Being sick while pregnant is the worst.

Kamron and Samantha said...

Congrats!! That will be fun to have another cute little boy running around! Hope everyone starts feeling better soon! :)