My baby, Tyler, turned 4 last month! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. He is so smart and so amazing. I love him so much! He is so unique and has an great and quirky personality. I wouldn't change a thing about him. I never could have imagined when I was pregnant with him who he would be now. And I can't imagine who he'll be next year or in 10 years. I'm just so happy to be his mom.
We had a fun little party with just the 4 of us on Ty's birthday. We got balloons and made cup cakes. Tyler was dressed, but wanted to wear his truck jammies just as we were ready to party. Birthday boys can wear whatever they want to their party, right?
Ty got some new summer clothes, a coloring book, and a swing set for the new house. We just showed him the box in the bed of the truck where the swing set was, and told him we would put it together at the new house. That night, after the boys were in bed, I heard Ty tell Andrew, "Drew, we're going to have a swing set at our new house."
We closed on the house on the 10th and moved in the next day. We have so many great friends and neighbors that helped me pack and clean both the apartment and the new house, and helped Ryan load and unload all of our many boxes and heavy furniture. We even had 4 guys from our new ward show up to help unload.
Ryan has been working on something with the house almost every night since. We knew that there was a lot to do going in, but I hadn't anticipated how much work we'd do immediately. The grass in back hadn't been mowed all summer, so that took some serious time. Good thing we had a lawn mower from Ryan's parents. Ryan set up the swing set on of the first nights, and the boys have loved it. Then there was the swamp cooler, and the shower head and toilet in the master bathroom, changing the door knobs, and more. I've mostly been cleaning and unpacking. Very slowly, now that the important stuff has been found. It's still been pretty tiring though.
I love being in our own house! Our 'to do' and 'fix it' lists are long and our home improvement dreams are big, but I am really enjoying it all.
The boys have adjusted really well. Tyler was really excited about 'the new house' from the time we told him we were moving here and is still talking about it. Drew had a few days that he would cry that he wanted to go home. I'd tell him this was our home now and he'd reply, "No, this new house." The other day we were at a friends house and he wanted to leave and cried, "I want to go new house." So I think it's been accepted. We drove past the apartment today and the boys said, "There's our old house." So it's been that simple. They really like being able to go out back and play anytime, and I love that I don't have to watch every second. I can do dishes or unpack and just listen to them and check on them.
We've made it to 36 weeks now. (Not a picture I'm proud of, really. But you get the belly size at least.) When I went to my midwife last month I was dilated to 1 cm and 40% thinned! I still have contracts multiple times a day most days, and extra ones if I've been working hard or on my feet a lot. I'll have another appointment next Friday.
Drew has now been almost 2 months since his last dilation and has only had 3 or 4 times that he's had food get stuck. And he's gaining weight like a champ now that he's back on tube feeds. We'll stick with it another few months before we experiment with getting off tube feeds again. He's doing awesome!
Jun 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
we will have to come by and see the new place!! It is nice to finally call somewhere home though isn't it? Congrats with that!!
Wow could you guys be any busier? So fun with the new house! And you make for a super cute prego lady even if you don't like your picture :) I can't wait to see pics of your new baby. Hang in there!
Happy Birthday Ty! A new house to live, grow, learn, clean, organize, decorate, fix, dream, luagh, and Love. So happy fot you guys. If you wanna borrow my cricut for any vinyl let me know it's just sitting there waiting to be used.
Post a Comment