Apr 16, 2012

Spring is here!

Well, this will be quick, but at least it's something.
 This is the cute car seat cover I made for my friend.  I really like doing things like this.  I am also making a sun visor and blanket to match.
 For Easter weekend we spent a few days at Bryce Canyon with Ryan's family.  It was a nice little vacation.  We'd like to go back when the kids are old and hike down in the canyon.

 It is a pretty amazing sight.
 The boys got new shades for the trip. 

 They got a pretty good Easter haul.

 We've been working on our home renovations.  We're finally getting to the finishing stages.  The floor is completely in.  The living room is painted (aside from a 2nd coat on a few walls), the couch covers are on, and the chandelier is hung.  I'll post finished pictures eventually.  :)
Zach is growing so fast and tries his best to keep up with his big brothers.  He's cruising the furniture now, so it won't be long before he's walking.  He is such a cute boy.
Andrew had follow-ups with his surgeon and kidney doctor last month and both were pleased with how he's doing. 
I got a little brave and with a little divine forgetfulness we took Andrew off his prevacid.  We've been using aloe vera juice to manage his reflux and he's been doing great!  I suspected for a while that it might be a factor in his difficulty gaining weight, and he's gained almost a pound in the last month.  He's finally growing out of his 2T clothes and size 3 diapers!  Hopefully the trend will continue.  He was 25.5 lb last time he was weighed. 
Tyler is totally into numbers lately.  He counts everything, and sings number songs all day.  He can count to 29.  We're still working on 30's.  He says 20-10, 20-11, 20-12 etc.  In church yesterday he was asking Ryan to write numbers and then he was trying to make his own.  He loves to type letters and numbers into my phone or the computer.  Mostly he sticks to numbers though. 
Ryan is officially hired with Catepillar now!  I'm so proud of him and how hard he works to support our family.  We're relieved that we'll have insurance again, and grateful for the raise he got as well.
I'm starting to read and learn more about homeschooling methods and plans.  It was a reality check when the school called to register for kindergarten and I told them we weren't enrolling.  Ryan and I both feel good about the decision to home school though, so I'm sure that we're going to do it.   I'm actually really excited about it.  One of my favorite things as a mom is watching my kids learn and discover things.  I'm really looking forward to it.  My plan is to start full-on at the same time school starts in the fall. 
I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I think this is probably the happiest I've ever been.  I have it all.  Heavenly Father has blessed us so much!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!! You have a beautiful family and you are such a good mom. Let me know if you need any Kindergarten ideas seeing that I teach Kindergarten! I think you will love homeschooling :) I sure do love teaching!
- Shelly