Baby Drew had his x-ray Thursday to test how much his esophagus has grown. He only needs to grow one vertebrae length to be where he needs to be. The Dr. is planning to schedule surgery for the middle of April, then approximately two weeks recovery, depending on if everything goes good and he passes the requirments to leave the hospital. There is an end in sight. Yeah!!!
Drew does have some redness on his stomach around the feeding tube, and they are worried he might have an infection. He is on some new antibiotics to help clear the infection, hopefully! They drew some blood and they are watching it for culture. We should know in a few days what it is.
Drew is very handsome, the nurses took a vote and said he is the cutiest baby in the NICU. All the nurses have to stop and look and his big eyes everytime they walk by. His eyes are changing color they are looking more hazel now. He loves to suck on his pacifier quite a bit. We're hoping it will help with his eating later down the road.
An in minor parent news, Melissa slammed her finger in the car door today. She thought she broke it, it hurt so bad, but she thinks it's ok now. Just two nice cuts in the top and some throbbing now.
5 comments:
Wow!! So glad the end is coming closer. Glad to hear that things are progressing. Hope Drew gets over his supposed infection very quickly. It will be so great to see you all. We pray everything will go smoothly for the surgery and after. Drew is such a cute boy. I can see why the nurses want to see him, he is a cutie, can't wait to hold him. Let us know if we can help in any way. I hope we will see Tyler on Monday if not we understand. I think it is great for all of you to have a little change. Sorry about your finger Melissa, ouch! Love ya,
Brower gang
Happy A-Day 80)...I'm glad things are coming along. You guys are awesome! 80)
I am so glad that things are progressing well! Bryant wants to know which day Tyler can come play?! Drew looks like he is doing better. It is fun to see him alert and pretty content with that pacifier. Can't wait to see you!
I check into your blog quite a bit, I'm glad he is doing better. I showed his pictures to my friend at work, she thinks he is gorgeous.
He has the biggest eyes, so cute, I wish I could come see him again, but I've been sick.
Can't wait til he is home.
I'm glad to hear the nurses there have good taste because Drew really is a handsome little guy! We got to see Ryan and Tyler Wednesday night. Poor Tyler was pretty tired, but he was so good.
Ryan said something about you maybe coming down another weekend. I hope it happens! Come see us if you're not too tired. Love ya!
P.S. I think it's a good thing that the weather isn't cooperating with walking in the mornings. It wouldn't feel right without you there. :)
Post a Comment