Mar 16, 2009

Halfway through March



Baby Drew is doing well. Sorry it's been a while since I updated. Last Monday (3/9) he had a CT scan to check for any fluid in his chest. It looked really good, and there were no remaining pockets of fluid. Thursday the surgeon had an x-ray taken while he stuck a dialator down Drew's throat to measure the growth of the 'pouch'. It didn't show much growth, but I'm not really accepting it. It wasn't a great x-ray. This week they want to do the same thing again while putting dye into his stomach. This will accomplish two things. First, we will find out if there is still an opening where the milk got into Drew's chest before. Hopefully it will be closed this time. (It's been three weeks since they did this the dye test last). Also the upper and lower portions of his esophagus will be highlighted in the x-ray, so they'll know better how much distance is really between the two.
Otherwise we're still thinking growing thoughts. Drew hasn't been putting on weight the last week or so. They increased calories again yesterday, so hopefully tonight he will have gained.
Tyler is doing great. He's been very busy, as usual. He fell off the bed, and his face hit the nightstand on the way to the floor, so he had a pretty nice black eye. It's still healing, but looking much better. He also has the last of his teeth coming in, so he's had lots of drool. He's had a runny nose too, but I am not sure if that's because of teeth or a cold.
Last weekend Tyler and I went home for a night. It was so nice to be home, even for a little bit. I loved seeing my friends. I was even happy for the funny smell of my apartment, just because that's home.
The good news is that we're getting closer everyday. We're each doing well overall, and we are making it little by little.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

drew looks so stinkin cute in that pic!! he has such big eyes!! Can't wait to see him!!

Unknown said...

I agree Malolo Family...Drew is such a doll and poor Tyler's face. Little steps are all you can take and enjoy the little joys you find on the way. 80)

Unknown said...

We love you and are praying for the very best for all of you! Keep growing Drew. Tyler slow down a little. You will be big before you know it. Have a great weekend.
Brower Gang
I hope this gets through. I have sent off big notes and they did not get through so I think I will try a smaller one. Hope all is well.