I don't even know where to start. . . .
Saturday we got to have both of our boys with us at the same time. Tyler was interested in Drew for a bit, but got bored being in the room after a while. It was really nice though. I think it's helped Tyler understand where we're going when we leave everyday. I really enjoyed it.
Monday I called the surgeon, who then came and talked to us. He said we had three options: 1.) His schedule was full for the week, but he would be willing to come in on Friday (the 17th) and do Drew's surgery if there was an OR available. He is leaving for a week long conference on Monday, the 20th, and wouldn't be available for follow-up care. 2.) We could have another surgeon assume care of Drew and do the surgery. 3.) We could wait until Dr. Barhart is back from the conference and schedule surgery for the 27th.
We chose option #3. We don't want to have to change Dr.'s and want to have our doctor making the decisions post-op, so we are going to wait. In the long run I think it will be best for Drew because that will give him 2 extra weeks of growth. We've been praying for the best result for him, and maybe this is what has to happen to get it.
In the meantime, I'll continue to practice my patience skills.
Apr 15, 2009
Patience is a virtue.
at 4:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, what is two more weeks in the big adventure of life. I bet the growth will be better, and you can have a doctor who has known Drew longer. I think it is a good idea. So did he end up having an infection? We will be happy to see you when ever that occurs. Good luck with your patience and enjoy all life brings. Love ya,
The Brower gang.
Good Choice. I'm glad it was a fun weekend. 80)
Post a Comment