Not sure when we'll get a family photo I think we all look good in.
As far as the other events of this month: We had a nice Thanksgiving with my family. We stayed the weekend with my grandma. We'd been off schedule before the vacation even started, so the boys were a little out of sorts with naps and bedtime, but not too bad. Ryan and I still managed to get some games in with the relatives.
Last weekend we were planning on a Christmas Party with Ryan's family. But all of us came down with colds, so it's been postponed. Drew also has his top front teeth coming in, so he was really miserable. He slept or fussed for 3 days straight. No amount of medication seemed to make a difference. Monday was dilation again, but he woke up happy that morning. Dilation went smooth as usual.
Andrew is getting closer to crawling. It's so hard for me to not just give him the toys he's reaching for. I have been working with him some to help him learn the process. It's slow, but I am seeing improvement. I've also been working with him on walking. A month ago he wasn't stepping at all. Now he does little steps. He'll go forward with his right, and then bring the left to match it. He gets tired of it pretty quick still. I think he just needs more muscle in his hips and torso.
He's decided that he no longer likes yogurt. He'll still try anything that we're eating. The problem is that most of what we eat gets stuck in his throat. So baby foods would be the best thing, but he refuses them. Tonight I finally broke out the food processor and pureed the meatloaf I'd made. He really enjoyed it, and ate a descent amount. So I guess I'll start doing that and see what else I can get into him. It's some progress toward tube removal, so it's great.
Tyler is . . . . two. He keeps us going all the time. I'm amazed at how fast he learns how to mimic us. Although I wish he'd learn obedience as fast. He loves to play in the sinks, pretending to wash dishes or using all the soap to wash his hands. He gets into the cupboards and the fridge when he wants a snack or drink. Somedays I keep ahead of him better than others.
Ryan has been working so hard. He's been trying to get overtime while it's available. With frequent days off for dilations and other appointments it means long days. We enjoy the weekends relaxing though.
I had 2 students stop taking lessons last month, but have since got 3 new students. I currently have 14 total. This Saturday is the recital. I'm so grateful to have the income to cover payments on Drew's bills, and like having some other definition for myself than maid and mom.
Although I love the mom part too. If only I had a maid . . . here's to dreaming!
Hope all is well with you and yours.
3 comments:
Drew looks so happy, he is so dang cute. And way to go Tyler, PINK sippi cup wooo hoo! Thats's too funny.
I love reading updates on your little family! the boys are growing so fast and it's great to see Andrew's progress.
That's great that you have so many piano students! Keep it up Super Woman!
What fun pictures. the boys look great and so do you! your little family is so sweet. I bet you are a fantastic piano teacher! When winter rolls around I miss the days when we would sit in your living room and you would play Jon Schmidt. I still scrounge up his christmas CD you made for me every christmas! 80) LOL Have a merry Christmas Missy and play a song for me next time you sit down to destress. 80)
Post a Comment