It's been a few days since I've updated. Drew is continuing to make progress. Monday he started with feedings through his G-tube. His stomach is even smaller than a newborn's, so they are starting very slow. It's being dripped into his stomach. Yesterday it was only 2 cc an hour, which is less than half a teaspoon an hour. Today we are up to 5cc, which is a full teaspoon. He's doing well with it so far.
He's also able to be in a crib now. They turned the warmer off and he's been able to maintain his body temperature for a few days. He's also wearing clothes now! He's been naked/in a blanket all this time. He has to have outfits that button up the front, though, to accomidate the feeding tube.
Ryan blessed him on Sunday.
So the plan now is to increase feedings and stretch his stomach until he is getting all of his nutrition from milk. I've been pumping, so he'll be getting that. Otherwise we're just waiting for his esophagus to grow, grow, grow.
He's been asleep the past few days that I've seen him, but the nurses tell me that he has likes and dis-likes and lets them know when he wants something different. What a cutie!!
Jan 27, 2009
Latest Updates
at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Melissa, I can't wait to see him. He sounds so adorable already. We miss you all and are waiting for the little guy to be able to come to Huntington. Your great. Keep it up. Loads of love to you.
Brower Gang
So glad to hear that Drew's improving. I'm excited to get to visit. I'll give you a call soon to set something up now that we're rid of the colds that we'd had. That's great that Ryan could give him a blessing. I'll talk to you soon!
Ashley
Post a Comment