Jan 22, 2009















Drew was able to be taken off the ventilator, and they removed the surgical drain tube from his right side.

The spots on his knees are pressure sores from being on his stomach for the first few days before the surgery.


Now that he's not on so many pain meds, we get to see his pretty eyes sometimes!!













He still had the Art-line in his left arm, so I could not hold him. It's there so they don't have to poke him to draw labs, which they did mutiple times a day while he was on the ventilator.

He will have the suction tube in his mouth until his next surgery in 6-8 weeks. He doesn't like it and has figured out how to move his tongue to push it out. Sorry kid-o.

His feet are very bruised from being poked so many times.






My little boy likes his mommy.











Thursday, Jan 22

No more Art-line, so I got to hold him today!!!

He cuddled right up and was so comfortable. Then he'd try to get the tube out of his mouth, and would fuss a little. He settled down pretty easily, though. He also likes to have a pacifier.








The red marks on his cheeks are from the tape that held the ventilator.


He is so cute!!!







His sores on his knees are looking better, as well as his feet. You can still see that his toes are pretty purple.

Remaining tubes: Feeding tube in his tummy.
IV Feeding tube in his left leg.
IV in his right foot, for meds.
Suction tube in mouth.
The rest are just monitors.


We are so happy with the progress he's made.

Dad will get to hold Drew when he comes up tomorrow.

5 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

Yay for getting to hold your little boy! He's so tiny and adorable!!!

Lisa said...

He looks like he just wants you to hold him and love on him! He is do darn cute!!
I would love to come see him and you but I have been sick the last little while so I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer:(

Ninette1 said...

I am so thrilled that I can see pics of Drew! He is just the cutest little guy ever! And you look positively amazing, which I really don't think is fair. :) I hope you are able to handle everything okay. You sure are great. Tom and I are thinking of you guys and praying for you. Best wishes for you, Ryan, Tyler, and little Drew. You're all troopers!
Love,
Nancy

Unknown said...

What a sweet little boy!!! an d you get to hold him...yeah!!!!

Unknown said...

Dear Melissa, Ryan, Tyler and Andrew,
We love you and wish you all the very best. We can't wait to get to see you all again. We have been missing our little cookie monster on Wednesday and Thursday. We pray that all will go well for the next while and it will go fast. Melissa, you are such a great trooper. Call if we can do anything for you. See you soon.
Love the Brower Gang