Drew moved into a crib today!! Still not exactly home, but progress is good. He's being fed by a drip into his G-tube. They call it a Murphy drip or chimney feed. He's up to 9.5 cc an hour today (almost 2 teaspoons an hour). That's about half of what a full feeding for him will be.
I got to dress him today, which was really fun for me. I've now changed his diaper 3 times, and dressed him once. Oh, and speaking of diapers he pooped today!! Normally, not something to be excited about, but it's a good sign that the rest of his digestive system is doing well. He's otherwise only had one dirty diaper since birth. The nurse said she changed 4 dirty diapers this morning cuz he just kept going. Hooray for Drew. :)
I got to dress him today, which was really fun for me. I've now changed his diaper 3 times, and dressed him once. Oh, and speaking of diapers he pooped today!! Normally, not something to be excited about, but it's a good sign that the rest of his digestive system is doing well. He's otherwise only had one dirty diaper since birth. The nurse said she changed 4 dirty diapers this morning cuz he just kept going. Hooray for Drew. :)
Today was also the first time since Sunday that he's been awake while I've been there. He woke up when I was dressing him and stayed up for about an hour. It totally made my day.
This week has gone by so fast. Ryan is coming tomorrow to spend the weekend with us. I am really looking forward to having him around for a few days.
3 comments:
I love reading the updates. I'm so glad that things are progressing. It was good to see a pic of Tyler, too. I've been wondering how the little man has been handling it all. You have two very adorable boys and I just can't wait for you all to come back home! Miss you!
Hey Melissa, I was so surprised to return home and hear about your complications. I'm so glad everything is going well. If there is anything we can do please let me know. He is such a cutie. You are definatly in our thoughts and prayers.
Dear Christensen Family,
We are glad to hear things are going better. A crib how neat is that. So cool to see cookie monster, we miss him very much. Happy Birthday Melissa, Please have a good one. We were wondering if we could have Ryan over for dinner one of these nights. Could you have him call us and set up a day and time. Even if we just drop it off. Would love to help anyway we can. Love you all and take care of yourselves.
Brower Gang
Post a Comment