Well, I'll have to take some more pictures to post. I don't think I have new ones since last week.
Things are going slow, but good here. Drew is getting a little more to eat every few days. He started acting uncomfortable over the weekend, so they've slowed down on the rate of increase. We're up to 13 cc's an hour now. For anyone who likes math: The goal is 150 cc/kg of his body weight in 24 hours. He's up to 6 lbs 5 oz, and I don't remember how that converts to grams. Skip the math: We're at 110 cc's, and the goal is 150 cc's every 24 hours (per kg body weight, if that makes any sense).
Once he gets up to the full amount then they'll start working it into actual feedings instead of the constant drip.
I was there when they changed the dressing for his G-tube today. Amazing. He has an incision about an inch long just above his belly button, which the nurse said is probably how they got the tube in. It's strange to see a rubber tube sticking out of your baby's belly. There are a few stitches holding it in place, but otherwise it's mostly tape and a small bulb on the inside of his stomach. We are careful when we move him to not pull on the tube, needless to say.
Tyler is still himself, just more cuddly. Great-grandma Anderson watches him while I go to the hospital every morning for a few hours. Then we go to Grandma Nina's for the afternoon. I've been trying to let him play outside everyday since it's warmer this week. He likes to follow the cat around and to throw things into grandma's fish pond (just leaves and snow so far). He's quite a charater. Today he hasn't wanted me to change his clothes, so he's stayed in his jammies. Guess we all need a day like that sometimes.
Thank you again to everyone who has helped us though this time. We have so many wonderful friends and family members. There is not a way to say how much we appreciate you all.
Feb 3, 2009
Day by day
at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment