May 27, 2009

HERE WE COME!!!

Drew will finally be discharged this Friday!! We have an awesome team working with us, and they've made it all possible for us. He'll be on continuous feedings through his GJ tube; aside from 2 hours a day that he'll get to have a break. He's also still on a few medications. The prevacid he will be on for at least a year, but the other two we can wean after we're home.
Somehow all of us overlooked his immunizations, so he got three shots of them today. He also got his central line removed, which was not pleasant in anyway, but at least he's free of that.
We're planning on staying at my grandparents for a few days and going home to Huntington Sunday night. Ryan will be up Friday morning. We are so excited to be able to be together and have BOTH of our little boys with us!!
There are still things to work on and lots of Dr appointments in our future, but Drew is doing great. He is very happy most of the time and it's been an amazing journey with him so far.
I cannot sign off from this experience without acknowledging our Father in Heaven and the many blessings we've been given through this time. Words could never express my feelings completely. I know that we are all children of our loving Father in Heaven. I know that we are here on this earth to gain bodies and to learn so that someday we might return to Him and become like him. I know more and more of the power of the Atonement of our Savior, and am amazed. I know that there is a plan for me and each of my children, and hope I can become the daughter that the Lord would have me be. I am grateful for this experience and especially for all those who have been a part of it with us.
A special shout-out and thanks to our Primary nurses: Sarah, Laurel, Whitney, Tristen, and Gail. Thank you so much for your love and care for Drew. Your touch and care are appreciated so much. We've had a great team of Dr.s, nurses, NNPs, dieticians, and the surgical team. A big thanks to Dr. Barnhart, Drew's surgeon, as well.

0 comments: